Fruit salad is everyone’s favorite, the sweetness and freshness of fruits is irresistible. Even more tempting, the variety of beautiful color from many different fruits or berries is a pleasure to look. This time we are going to try making an amazing fruit salad. Not just a plain salad but with orange-vanilla syrup, yumm!! Fruit salad is a very healthy snack, low calorie, high vitamins and mineral, all the nutrients you need is here. This is a perfect food for diet. You can also impress your partner, friends, parents, SO’s parents, and anyone with this.
This recipe I provide here is not restricted. It means that you can freely change the ingredients, for example, if you just want a berry, that’s okay, or if you want a combination of many type of fruits and berries -melon chunks, apples, pears etc- that’s perfectly okay too. Use your creativity to create this easy fruit salad recipe.
So let’s just straight to the fruit salad recipe. Here is the fruit salad ingredients list they are all you need to make this amazing berry/fruit salad with orange-vanilla syrup.
- 1 cup of Water
- 1 cup of Sugar
- Juice and zest Of 1 Orange
- 2 Vanilla Beans, Scrape Out the Caviar (if you don’t have vanilla bean you can use 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract, they taste basically the same)
- 2 cups Red Grapes, Halved
- 2 cups Green Grapes, Halved
- 2 pints Blueberries
- 4 pints Strawberries, Halved
- Mint Leaves
This recipe is for 12 servings, you can reduce or increase as necessary. Cooking time is about 20 minutes.
After we prepare the fruit salad ingredients list, first we are going to make the orange-vanilla syrup:
- Prepare a pan.
- Cut the orange in half. Squeeze the juice into the pan.
- Put also the zest of that orange into the pan (this will increase the orange-y feel and freshness to the syrup).
- Add sugar and water.
- Slice two vanilla beans in half and put it in the pan (or the vanilla extract).
- Turn on the stove, stir the syrup, let it boils over medium-high heat and then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes until it’s thickened.
- Make sure the syrup is completely cool before you add the fruits. You can put them in the refrigerator or just let the room temperature do that for you.
Now the fruits!
- Cut in half all the 2 cups of red grapes
- Cut in half all the 2 cups of green grapes
- Do the same with strawberries
- Also the blueberry
- Use your creativity; you can add any fruit you like!
- Put them all in a large bowl
Finally pour the already cold syrup to the large bowl, toss it gently only to make all the fruits coat in the syrup, add the mint leaves and voila! Amazing fruit salad with orange-vanilla syrup is done. This is an easy fruit salad recipe that you can try for yourself.