Hello dear readers, this time, the recipe is about my favorite ‘meat’. It is grilled salmon recipe. Salmon has a ton of health benefits including high omega 3 levels. I love salmon (besides its benefits) first because of the appearance, it looks fresh with its pinky color, and second because it can be cooked easily but still has its own classy looks and great taste. This time we will just grill this beloved salmon and add another toppings and variants of course. It will be easy grilled salmon recipe to do.
We are going to use a salmon fillet in the healthy grilled salmon recipes, or you may have heard it as ‘side of the salmon’. However, a standard salmon fillet still has a bone in it, so if you feel like you don’t want to remove the bone before grilling, you can use boneless salmon fillet, it will easier. Next, you will need aluminum foil cover the salmon, cooking spray (so it doesn’t stick), and parmesan cheese if you want. The cheese is optional.
Some tips I found on the internet regarding how to remove the pin bones of salmon is “put your hand below the fillet and slightly bend it up, exposing the row of bones. The bone will poke out of the flesh and point at an angle toward the wider end of the fillet. Grip each end with a clean pair of needle-nose pliers and gently pull it out in the direction of the wide end.” I think this is helpful. If you think this is not helping, a youtube video will do that.
Now here are the ingredients and things you will need to make an easy grilled salmon recipe with Tomatoes and Basil. This is for 4 servings and cooking time is about 20 minutes.
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 whole wild salmon fillet (about 1 1/2 pounds) or 4 (6 ounces) boneless salmon fillets
• 1/3 cup and 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil or 2 tablespoons of dried basil
• 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
• 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper
• Aluminum foil
• Grill or oven
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese(optional)
Now to make the easy grilled salmon recipe:
1. Prepare the grill or the oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F or the grill to medium.
2. Mash the minced garlic and salt. Stir it with olive oil until in a paste form.
3. Measure the foil to the fillet’s size and coat it with the spray
4. Place the salmon fillet on the foil
5. Spread the garlic and salt paste over. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup basil. Put tomato slices on top and sprinkle with the 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. And the parmesan cheese if you want.
6. Put the salmon onto the preheated grill/oven for about 20 minutes
When it’s done, sprinkled the ¼ cup of basil on it and the healthy grilled salmon recipes with Tomatoes and Basil is done.
I would like to thank eatingwell.com for its awesome recipe.